Had a slow start to the week, but we are finally starting to get back on track.
We started the week by changing out the built in django user model with our own. This allows us to customize it and move around a bunch of user profile stuff that was previously in a separate profile object.
The change over process was easy…a few copy and pastes and a config setting or two and it was done. The real annoying stuff came after trying to track down old references to the user profile that no longer existed. You can get 99% of the way with a global search and replace, but those last few references were hard to find and took up a day or two of development time.
It’s all sorted now though. We have changed it out and everything is working again.
Time to now move onto the next change.